- New and improved Buffalo Wing Chili recipe, for the St. Andrew’s Chili Cook-off
- Days in May: Kent State remembered
- Where were you on Nov.22, 1963? The world changes for a 16-year-old in a small town.
- Kilts, bagpipes and meat pies at the Kirkin o’ the Tartans and St. Andrew’s Feast Day Nov. 20 in Ben Lomond, Calif.
- Dad joined the Navy…to SAVE the world
Monthly Archives: July 2010
That’s how we feel, like that big weather-beaten clock face, looking with that same blank inscrutability in all four directions. Continue reading
In coastal towns for centuries, fishing boats have traditionally received blessings for safety and a good fishing season. In Northern California’s San Lorenzo Valley, where narrow roads wind beneath towering redwoods, pickup trucks are just as important to the families that live and work in the … Continue reading
Senate vote will finally extend unemployment aid, but only to 10 percent of all unemployed and under-employed
On Wednesday evening, July 21, the U.S. Senate is expected to vote to authorize federal funds to extend unemployment insurance for more than 2 million Americans. The Senate approved a similar measure 98-0 just eight months ago. On Tuesday the Senate … Continue reading
The Holtzclaw family acquired Ashland Farm through a grant issued on Aug. 22, 1724 by Lt. Gov. Alexander Spotswood. The Holtzclaw family lived on this land until the 1920s. While a portion of the house dates to about 1725, the … Continue reading