- New and improved Buffalo Wing Chili recipe, for the St. Andrew’s Chili Cook-off
- Days in May: Kent State remembered
- Where were you on Nov.22, 1963? The world changes for a 16-year-old in a small town.
- Kilts, bagpipes and meat pies at the Kirkin o’ the Tartans and St. Andrew’s Feast Day Nov. 20 in Ben Lomond, Calif.
- Dad joined the Navy…to SAVE the world
Monthly Archives: September 2010
20-Minute Shrimp-Lover’s Delight This Italian-influenced skillet meal takes just 20 minutes from grocery bag to table. SHRIMP 1 lb (16-20 count) fresh shrimp (peeled, de-veined) SPICES sea salt (to taste) fresh ground black pepper (to taste) six cloves of garlic … Continue reading
NOTE: EACH OF THESE HOT CHILIS WILL TAKE AT LEAST 10 HOURS TO COOK. BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT! (These are original recipes. They were first presented at the St. Andrew’s Chili Cook Off, in Ben Lomond, CA.) Each … Continue reading
William Henry Holtzclaw, born during the centennial year of the nation that brought his slave ancestors from Africa, is arguably the most famous of my ancestors. Nearly two hundred years after the first Holtzclaws arrived in Virginia, William, son of … Continue reading
September 11, 2001 Timeline (Eastern Daylight Time): 7:59 A.M. – American Airlines Flight 11, a Boeing 767 with 92 people on board, departs Boston’s Logan International Airport bound for Los Angeles International Airport. 8:14 A.M. – United Airlines Flight 175, … Continue reading
Amateur chefs will be competing in Ben Lomond for bragging rights as Master Chili Chef Iron-kettle chefs in the San Lorenzo Valley will be bringing pots of their specialty chili recipes to Ben Lomond on Sunday, Sept. 19 for the … Continue reading