- New and improved Buffalo Wing Chili recipe, for the St. Andrew’s Chili Cook-off
- Days in May: Kent State remembered
- Where were you on Nov.22, 1963? The world changes for a 16-year-old in a small town.
- Kilts, bagpipes and meat pies at the Kirkin o’ the Tartans and St. Andrew’s Feast Day Nov. 20 in Ben Lomond, Calif.
- Dad joined the Navy…to SAVE the world
Monthly Archives: November 2010
Where were you on the afternoon of Nov. 22, 1963? Here is a chronology of Friday, Nov. 22, 1963 (all times Eastern Standard Time) 12:39 am Air Force One arrives in Dallas 12:55 am Motorcade begins, the Kennedys and the … Continue reading
Kilts, bagpipes and meat pies at the Kirkin o’ the Tartans and St. Andrew’s Feast Day Nov. 20 in Ben Lomond, Calif.
Wear your kilts! Bring your tartan! Hear the Kirkin O’ the Tartans! Sound the pipes! Heat up the pies! Celebrate St. Andrew’s Feast Day! Clear the dance floor! 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 20 St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 101 Riverside Avenue, … Continue reading
My Dad was an eyewitness to history. Lucky for me, he survived. When the U.S. entered World War II, my Dad was three months shy of 30, the upper limit for the military draft. But Pearl Harbor inspired the college-educated … Continue reading
Sometimes it starts with a question: 50-year-old memories of a small Western New York town, East Aurora
One 1965 classmate opened the floodgates of memories recently by asking one little question in Facebook about Main Street businesses in our small town in Western New York, where nearly every local store had a family name attached. (We not … Continue reading