- New and improved Buffalo Wing Chili recipe, for the St. Andrew’s Chili Cook-off
- Days in May: Kent State remembered
- Where were you on Nov.22, 1963? The world changes for a 16-year-old in a small town.
- Kilts, bagpipes and meat pies at the Kirkin o’ the Tartans and St. Andrew’s Feast Day Nov. 20 in Ben Lomond, Calif.
- Dad joined the Navy…to SAVE the world
Category Archives: family
My Dad was an eyewitness to history. Lucky for me, he survived. When the U.S. entered World War II, my Dad was three months shy of 30, the upper limit for the military draft. But Pearl Harbor inspired the college-educated … Continue reading
William Henry Holtzclaw, born during the centennial year of the nation that brought his slave ancestors from Africa, is arguably the most famous of my ancestors. Nearly two hundred years after the first Holtzclaws arrived in Virginia, William, son of … Continue reading