- New and improved Buffalo Wing Chili recipe, for the St. Andrew’s Chili Cook-off
- Days in May: Kent State remembered
- Where were you on Nov.22, 1963? The world changes for a 16-year-old in a small town.
- Kilts, bagpipes and meat pies at the Kirkin o’ the Tartans and St. Andrew’s Feast Day Nov. 20 in Ben Lomond, Calif.
- Dad joined the Navy…to SAVE the world
Category Archives: legislation
For many Californians, the BP disaster stirred memories of Union Oil’s Santa Barbara oil spill in January 1969. That disaster ended a decade of feverish construction of drilling rigs in the Santa Barbara channel and led to historic responses by the federal government to protect the environment.
So far, the Gulf oil spill has resulted in nothing approaching the response to the Santa Barbara spill, even though the BP crude oil spill is 50 times greater. Continue reading