- New and improved Buffalo Wing Chili recipe, for the St. Andrew’s Chili Cook-off
- Days in May: Kent State remembered
- Where were you on Nov.22, 1963? The world changes for a 16-year-old in a small town.
- Kilts, bagpipes and meat pies at the Kirkin o’ the Tartans and St. Andrew’s Feast Day Nov. 20 in Ben Lomond, Calif.
- Dad joined the Navy…to SAVE the world
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I decided to re-post my Barry’s Buffalo Wing Chili recipe, in advance of this weekend’s annual St. Andrew’s Chili Cook-off in Ben Lomond, CA. It has all the basics of the original, with a few minor changes: letting the cooked … Continue reading
September 11, 2001 Timeline (Eastern Daylight Time): 7:59 A.M. – American Airlines Flight 11, a Boeing 767 with 92 people on board, departs Boston’s Logan International Airport bound for Los Angeles International Airport. 8:14 A.M. – United Airlines Flight 175, … Continue reading
Amateur chefs will be competing in Ben Lomond for bragging rights as Master Chili Chef Iron-kettle chefs in the San Lorenzo Valley will be bringing pots of their specialty chili recipes to Ben Lomond on Sunday, Sept. 19 for the … Continue reading
The Holtzclaw family acquired Ashland Farm through a grant issued on Aug. 22, 1724 by Lt. Gov. Alexander Spotswood. The Holtzclaw family lived on this land until the 1920s. While a portion of the house dates to about 1725, the … Continue reading